Wednesday 18 November 2009

Bernard Frize







Bernard Frize is an artist James Iveson adviced me to take a look at and im really greatful because i love his work. Frize's work is more about the act of painting rather than what hes painting. Before starting a peice Frize will load his brush up with different colours of paint and then move his brush across the canvas to see how the paint reacts. The outcome is random and and non-representational.

His recent work Frize has been usuing quite unsettling pale colours with an underlying line of black which distracts the eye.






I love the flow of the lines and the patterens he creates. It reminds me of some of the work i have been doing, trying to make my lines smooth and have movement.

This one is a stencil i made and repeated it over a large bit of cardboard. I wanted the lines to have movement but also be interupted.

This is a picture of paint draining down a sink. The pail colours reminds me of Frize's work and the freeness of the paint is a random way of working.

No comments:

Post a Comment