Thursday 28 January 2010

Up For Arts

On Saturday 30Th January i went to 'Up For Arts' day hosted by BBC Radio Merseyside. It was a really fun and was all hands on. I had a go at wood turning and made myself a very snazzy egg,


























learnt the a great way of making ceramic pots and tiles,

























and had a go at doing some origami jewellery.




















Learning new skills is a fulfilling experience. Especially when you find a skill you love which for me was making the origami jewellery. I am definitely going to experiment with other ways i can use this skill in my work. For example i am thinking for some of my collages i can use these beads with poems and hidden messages on them, which is where my work was heading. It will be fun to see what word on the bead will display once it has been made as well having a relaxing session of work!




No comments:

Post a Comment